Rok Hecl

• RazorReview for Visions Of Sound #019
      mixcloud.com/rokhecl/visions-of-sound-019/

Show Spoiler

01. Arnej - I Will Always Remember You (Extended Mix) > The stronger tune on his first BeTheChan8e release (though I really like the other one too). Whereas the other very much sounds like a 2008-Arnej release, this one is far proggier. Fitting tune for early Spring though I feel it will rock summer too 8|

02. Matt Holiday - Divide & Rule (Awakened Mix) > Dem smoot transition 8| From carefree Spring vibes we head into a moodier more contemplative tune. Coincidentally, it's started to get darker here and it looks likes it will rain soon... Oh, those high synths! God must dig this one for sure too since the sun stubbornly breaks through the grey clouds atm 8'| Very nice tune, and strong start to the show so far!

03. John 00 Fleming - Spirit Awakening (Original Mix) > Was actually expecting to read "Airwave" when I looked at Mixcloud, the tribal beats reminded me of him. Though I'm digging the dark vibe in this, I feel it's more of a "set filler"... It's decent for sure, and probably roks (8|) the club live, but J00F can and has done better imo.

04. Gordey Tsukanov & Marcus White - Invisible Bridge (Original Mix) > Melody-wise I don't find it too captivating but I have to admit it has a good, "beefy" vibe. Fits with the flow of the episode so far. Not bad. 8|

05. Razormane - Darker Matters (Promo) > Oh my, just who could it be?? (8 Transition sounded a bit muddled due to the poor level of mastering on my track (been a pain in the ass to get this one right sadly) :< That aside, I like this track a lot as it's JUST my kind of sinister Trance. The chord progression and tension in the breakdown is pretty cool if I am allowed to say so myself and if my productions skills were just a few levels higher, I could have KILLED it... The drop works well imo and I am also friggin proud of the Techno-like beat in this track, as well as the dark atmospheres throughout! By far the best beat I've made so far imo :D I am gonna tweak that breakdown part a bit before I upload it in the coming weeks.

Guin, thank you so much for premiering Darker Matters on your show!! 8'| Tis massive honour when you guys do that. I feel so humbane 8'||| (and it fits in this ep as well... As well... As well.)

06. Alex Di Stefano - From Heaven TO Inferno (Original Mix) > Aw yeeeeeeah, the transition from the DM outro into this one sounds muuuuch cleaner, phew! Awesome job, Guin :sun: Oh my! Very deep bass groove and a kick-in-the-kahooters drive already... Alex Di Stefano eh? Haven't heard from him in a while. Powerful build-up me like. 8| Breakdown his typically Trancey stuff... Let's hope the drop packs the right punch. Hmmmmmz it's not bad but also mindblowing. Kinda expected more. Still a decent tune 'f course but AdS is going to have to step up his game. It's not 2015 anymore and he's still using the same Tech-Trancey As F*** breakdown-Tech structure to his tracks. Why not Tech it up all the way? Like for instanc- ...!!! ZOMGTHAT'S...!

07. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel (Extended Mix) [Vision Of The Past] > FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKMEWITHYOURMENDELSOHN!!! It's flippin Analog Feel!!! 8'| And WHUT EY TRANSITION IT IS! For me this is the best track Cosmic Gate has ever made... A perfect blend of Progressive and Tech Trance, it represents the 2005-2006 era of ASOT SO WELL... And 11 years onward it still sounds clean and polished to these ears. I can only salute you Guin, I was very curious which VotP you had chosen when you said I would approve it. You have NOT disappointed me.

8)

08. Second Sine - Immoral (Original Mix) > The percussion on this sounds delicious! Reminds me of older Trance with iconic, instantly-recognizable percussion! There is something very omnious about the way it reverbs and... What is that DARK voice in the background?! Oooooooh hohoho! This some dirty dark groove you got going, Guin! There is not a breakdown ala AdS... In fact, not sure this qualifies as a conventional breakdown, but this is sure to set the dancefloor on fire. Relentless energy... Third-best track of the ep imo (after Analog Feel and the Matt Holiday tune)!

09. 8 Wonders - Blackbriar [Vision Of Excellence] > Jeez, you sure weren't lying when you said this was going to be a Techy episode :lol: Check out the beat on this bad boy damnation (Oh Lar, how I do miss your lovely expressions!). Well, well if it isn't mr. A lol. Finally brought out his techy guns eh. Though this isn't a bad track by any means for me, it kinda misses "an edge"... Remember The Beginning Of The End? THAT was Techy Arnej at his best imo. This one, to me at least, tries too hard to sound like "old Tech". Old Tech isn't bad at all, but does it beat pure Arnej Tech? :hm: 's okay, I just KNOW how hard you'll disagree with me on this one, Guin :lol:

10. Stoneface & Terminal - Lunacy (Original Mix) > Very fitting track to end the episode with. Love how these guys have shown in the past two years to rok it with Anthemy Trance as well as Techy madness. The breakdown has something surreal to it with those chants that remind me of Eddie Sender - Maya but there is also a saxophone or trumpet (very faintly) at the beginning... The Tech in this kicks ass. Powerful sheite :sun:

Final Verdict
      I must say you pulled quite the "Final Fantasty Plottwist" with this episode Rok :lol: You start of so proggy and gentle, only for the episode to get darker and techier throughout. I must say you executed that transformation well. The scores might look a bit "thin" at first glance but I feel that the strength of this episode was not necessarily its seperate elements, but its whole, and the transformation it underwent. Also, special mention to your transition work. In a techy mix, it matters and if we ignore the entry into Darker Matters (matters, Matters :lol:) the ep was filled with good ones. I shall grant thee, ze [Solid Mix] score 8|

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --

Post was edited 6 times, last by Razormane ().

• Rok wrote:

Visions Of Sound 018

mixcloud.com/rokhecl/visions-of-sound-018/

hearthis.at/6fbWmFrC/visions-of-sound-018/

Blank & Jones - COH
      Armin van Buuren - Communication (BORDERLESS Extended Remix)
      The Digital Blonde - State Of Dream
      Dakota & Koen Groeneveld - Mota-Mota (Extended Mix)
      Mea Culpa - The Child (Gary Delaney Remix)
      Orkidea - Higher State (Original Mix)
      The Digital Blonde - Solita
      Tiesto - Dallas 4PM (Original Mix) [Vision Of The Past]
      The Thrillseekers - Halcyon 2016 (Extended Mix)
      Stoneface & Terminal - Berlin '99 [Vision Of Excellence]

8|
      Mr m forgetful on here. Older VoS forgotten by him CRY

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --
    • Show Spoiler

Razormane wrote:

03. John 00 Fleming - Spirit Awakening (Original Mix) > Was actually expecting to read "Airwave" when I looked at Mixcloud, the tribal beats reminded me of him. Though I'm digging the dark vibe in this, I feel it's more of a "set filler"... It's decent for sure, and probably roks (8|) the club live, but J00F can and has done better imo.

Tis indeed. 8| I see it as a set filler too, but that's why they exist - to connect the mix. |8

05. Razormane - Darker Matters (Promo) > Oh my, just who could it be?? (8 Transition sounded a bit muddled due to the poor level of mastering on my track (been a pain in the ass to get this one right sadly) :< That aside, I like this track a lot as it's JUST my kind of sinister Trance. The chord progression and tension in the breakdown is pretty cool if I am allowed to say so myself and if my productions skills were just a few levels higher, I could have KILLED it... The drop works well imo and I am also friggin proud of the Techno-like beat in this track, as well as the dark atmospheres throughout! By far the best beat I've made so far imo :D I am gonna tweak that breakdown part a bit before I upload it in the coming weeks.

Guin, thank you so much for premiering Darker Matters on your show!! 8'| Tis massive honour when you guys do that. I feel so humbane 8'||| (and it fits in this ep as well... As well... As well.)

S'okay. *pats* 8|

06. Alex Di Stefano - From Heaven TO Inferno (Original Mix) > Why not Tech it up all the way? Like for instanc- ...!!! ZOMGTHAT'S...! - Wut? 8|

07. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel (Extended Mix) [Vision Of The Past] > FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKMEWITHYOURMENDELSOHN!!! It's flippin Analog Feel!!! 8'| And WHUT EY TRANSITION IT IS! For me this is the best track Cosmic Gate has ever made... A perfect blend of Progressive and Tech Trance, it represents the 2005-2006 era of ASOT SO WELL... And 11 years onward it still sounds clean and polished to these ears. I can only salute you Guin, I was very curious which VotP you had chosen when you said I would approve it. You have NOT disappointed me.

8)

8)

09. 8 Wonders - Blackbriar [Vision Of Excellence] > Jeez, you sure weren't lying when you said this was going to be a Techy episode :lol: Check out the beat on this bad boy damnation (Oh Lar, how I do miss your lovely expressions!). Well, well if it isn't mr. A lol. Finally brought out his techy guns eh. Though this isn't a bad track by any means for me, it kinda misses "an edge"... Remember The Beginning Of The End? THAT was Techy Arnej at his best imo. This one, to me at least, tries too hard to sound like "old Tech". Old Tech isn't bad at all, but does it beat pure Arnej Tech? :hm: 's okay, I just KNOW how hard you'll disagree with me on this one, Guin :lol:

- *judge*

Final Verdict
      I must say you pulled quite the "Final Fantasty Plottwist" with this episode Rok :lol: You start of so proggy and gentle, only for the episode to get darker and techier throughout. I must say you executed that transformation well. The scores might look a bit "thin" at first glance but I feel that the strength of this episode was not necessarily its seperate elements, but its whole, and the transformation it underwent. Also, special mention to your transition work. In a techy mix, it matters and if we ignore the entry into Darker Matters (matters, Matters :lol:) the ep was filled with good ones. I shall grant thee, ze [Solid Mix] score 8|

- Thankie 8|
    • Episode 021 is online 8|

mixcloud.com/rokhecl/visions-of-sound-021/

hearthis.at/6fbWmFrC/rok-hecl-visions-of-sound-021/

Quadran - Neural Phase (Remix) [Vision Of The Past]
      Tilt - Angry Skies (Simon Templar Remix)
      Simon Templar - Morning Sun (Extended Mix)
      Blufeld - Nyctophilia (Slam Duck Remix)
      M.I.K.E. Push & Robert Nickson - Tachyon (Extended Mix) [Vision Of Excellence]
      Alex Di Stefano - What's The Catch (Original Mix)
      BRKFST - Sorcery (Original Mix)
      Temple One - Transiberian
      Ben Alonzi - Lola & Gracie (The Digital Blonde Remix)