Razormane - Mane Festival Theme VI [2017]

• Razormane - Mane Festival Theme VI [2017]

Promo

Listen Here
      hearthis.at/razormane/mane-festival-theme-vi/

What I'd like to know from you
      1) Does it sound like a follow-up to the previous MFT?
      2) Does it offer a new experience despite this continuity?
      3) Does it have the "anthem-feeling"?
      4) Does it remind you of Armin van Buuren & Jan Vayne - Serenity?

The Story Behind The Tune
      Show Spoiler
      This year started like crap privately speaking but music making was also one big pile of dramatic failure as I could NOT get my MFT VI vision down for the first months of the year...

But then, come June, I finally did it. I finally made a melody embodying the mood I had envisioned a year prior. An MFT to head down the "Serenity" path, that is to say, an MFT that would use piano, strings, choir and a distorted/techy main lead for its main melody. The first exported draft got me excited, but the second one confirmed that this was real MFT material. As I added the techy main lead I started to look beyond last year's vision though. The break is a straight up tribute to Serenity as stated but the second part is a bit of a tribute to the MFT series as a whole. VI takes the sadness from III, the Trance-Tech balance from V and the chord variations from IV and blends into one whole. The outro part is soooo II. And I actually hid the main melody from I somewhere in VI! You'd have to play the track at a crazy slow speed to hear it though... I feel this is one of the more epic entries to the series yet and as such it's the ideal "curtain fall" to this five year anniversary. I know I've been saying this since III, but it's time to really go down the Advanced/Thrill route with Mane Festival Theme VII. It's been one hell of a ride to create these melodies and play around with them. III, IV, V and VI have all given me moments of despair. Despair... But joy and pride as well. I feel I have succeeded in honoring the Trance-based themes of ID&T's old events. It's time to see if I can honor the Tech-based ones as well though.

For 2018 I have one project I deem of greater importancer than MFT VII. It is a project to revive a bunch of tracks I made (or nearly finished) between 2006-2011 but never shared online before. These tracks capture the essence of the "Razormane" sound. That is to say, these tracks are what the name Razormane was intended to capture at first, back when I was convinced of using different aliases for different styles. I've kinda come to reject that idea though. Razormane should reflect my taste as a Dance Music fanatic from a creator's perspective. Why limit it to just energetic, wicked, angry, crazy, weird Tech tracks that range from 139 to 148 BPM?

Why a revival of old stuff you ask? To achieve peace of mind. These tracks have always had potential imo: I just never had the skills to unlock said potential. I still have a lot to learn but my skills have vastly improved compared to what I was doing prior to 2012. So it's time to make these tracks shine. An unintended positive side effect is that I will be delving into the psyche of a Tech Trance-minded Razormane Of The Past. I am positive that it will be a valuable "refresh course" in how to make music because it just sounds cool, without limiting myself to what sounds logic. The irony here is that though I am a better producer now than I was back in those days, back in those days my creation process was... Freer. More amateuristic perhaps yes, but also way more out of the box.

I look forward to share this revvival project with you. And I am looking forward to the moment I create "that perfect draft" that will define MFT VII. Brace Yourself. The Year Of Tech is Coming!

Before that all happens though, lemme know what you think of VI!

twitter.com/Razormane
      hearthis.at/razormane
      soundcloud.com/razormane
      mixcloud.com/Razormane/
      pure-and-passion.com/index.php?page=User&userID=8

Post was edited 1 time, last by Razormane ().

• 1) Does it sound like a follow-up to the previous MFT?

Serious - MFT tunes have a very specific sound, which is easily recognizable in this one as well. Definitely sounds like a follow up.

Colinview - mr m lol. fact as to SAME tune. care to tell us what's been happening and why you produce same tune again lol

Serious - For sure. I think, despite a lot of trademark MFT sounds, it provides a completely different vibe.

Colinview - Should offer new view lol. where does the experience come from i'm finding this interesting. Maybe Stefan knows.

Serious - Yup, for sure.

Colinview - Why anthem? sorry. anthem or CRY tune there is difference. use EARS listening to wrong tune lol.

Serious - Yes, definitely. Both have a similar melancholic vibe and even some sounds used are very reminiscent of Serenity. Especially the first breakdown.

Colinview - mr m absolute THIEF on here. tune ripped off through him lol. if you cant produce own tune. can to NOT steal other tune.

• Razormane wrote:

Promo

Listen Here
      hearthis.at/razormane/mane-festival-theme-vi/

What I'd like to know from you

It's almost like you skipped an edition of MFT. You made a great leap forwards, but the mane elements of MFT's are still there.

As said, you evolved a lot in your skills. The typical Mane sounds are there, but melody-wise it offers something new

Definitely! In fact, I think it's your most anthemesque production so far.

First breakdown is undeniable Serenity-inspired: piano part, add strings and evolve in to raw synths. Overall it has the same sad/epic/mysterious vibe.
      Tune of May: Stoneface & Terminal - Hypogean :music:
      My latest mix: MixCloud | Hearthis.at :deejay:
    • New

Rok wrote:

Serious - MFT tunes have a very specific sound, which is easily recognizable in this one as well. Definitely sounds like a follow up.

Colinview - mr m lol. fact as to SAME tune. care to tell us what's been happening and why you produce same tune again lol

Serious - For sure. I think, despite a lot of trademark MFT sounds, it provides a completely different vibe.

Colinview - Should offer new view lol. where does the experience come from i'm finding this interesting. Maybe Stefan knows.

Serious - Yup, for sure.

Colinview - Why anthem? sorry. anthem or CRY tune there is difference. use EARS listening to wrong tune lol.

Serious - Yes, definitely. Both have a similar melancholic vibe and even some sounds used are very reminiscent of Serenity. Especially the first breakdown.

Colinview - mr m absolute THIEF on here. tune ripped off through him lol. if you cant produce own tune. can to NOT steal other tune.

Colinviews: :lol: :lol: :lol: HOW FLIPPIN DARE YOU QUESTION WELLRESPECTED AMATEUR PRODUCER ON HERE All I wanted was to bring memory of well-forgotten Trance Anthem (great genre). If you don't like what a tribute. Can to NOT CLICK LINK, very simple and effective function of using mouse. mr r. lol

Serious: Thanks a lot for the feedback! I am glad to read that you could hear the reference to Serenity as well as its connection to the previous MFT(s). Extra happy it sounds "new" though. I must be on a roll of sorts if I pull that off for the fifth time in a row :sun: Thanks again Rok, much appreciated!

Rothma wrote:

1) Does it sound like a follow-up to the previous MFT?It's almost like you skipped an edition of MFT. You made a great leap forwards, but the mane elements of MFT's are still there.

As said, you evolved a lot in your skills. The typical Mane sounds are there, but melody-wise it offers something new

Definitely! In fact, I think it's your most anthemesque production so far.

First breakdown is undeniable Serenity-inspired: piano part, add strings and evolve in to raw synths. Overall it has the same sad/epic/mysterious vibe.
      Thank you for checking it out and offering feedback Roth! I am very flattered to read you consider this one a big step ahead compared to previous years! Didn't really expect that since usually happy anthems tend to be more appreciated than sadder ones. I am also happy to read that you too felt the Serenity inspiration in this. :sun: Thanks a lot Roth! :D

As always, cheers you guys for taking the time to check my stuff out! I've already started working on VII which feels pretty different from everything that's come so far so I am curious what you'll have to say about that one once it's done.
    • New

Rothma wrote:

Razormane wrote:

As always, cheers you guys for taking the time to check my stuff out! I've already started working on VII which feels pretty different from everything that's come so far so I am curious what you'll have to say about that one once it's done.
      The Mane Awakens B|
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have no idea how accurate this hoke is tho |8