Gaia - Humming The Lights [Armind] [2013/2014]

• Gaia - Humming The Lights [Armind] [2013/2014]

"2013 couldn't have held more musical promises. In February, March and April, Armin celebrates the 600th episode of his A State of Trance radio show with no less than 12 shows in cities all across the globe. Many of the events of the 'A State of Trance 600 -- The Expedition' world tour will be broadcast live, reaching out to millions of listeners. For more than 20 million people, the radio show has become a weekly highlight. Going strong for nearly 12 years, it was and still is one of the driving forces in Armin's career. Same goes for the award-winning A State of Trance compilation series, representing a new year in trance music. Bursting with exclusive tracks and remixes, seamlessly mixed by the world's number one DJ, Armin proudly presents A State of Trance 2013. From new found gems of renowned names to the latest discoveries of EDM's league of rising talents. This is the sound of 2013, defined by Armin van Buuren."

Sample

Label: Armind (Cat# ARMD1197)
      Release Date: 2013-05-03 (Beatport Exclusive); 2014-08-21 (All Portals)
      Purchase Link: pro.beatport.com/release/humming-the-lights/1365213
      01. BPM: 132 | C_Min | 03:34 | Radio Edit
      02. BPM: 132 | C_Min | 06:57 | Original Mix

Additional Info:
      discogs.com/Armin-van-Buuren-A…ance-2013/release/4289815
      Barcode: 8718522048883
      Track 1: ISRC-NLF711302130
      Track 2: ISRC-NLF711303310

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --

Post was edited 2 times, last by Razormane ().

• Humming The Lights... Maybe my memory is failing me badly but I felt the ASOT forum thought this one might be Armin back to SED standards.

Melody wise it could have gotten that far. What made this one a little lesser to Stellar for me were two things: main lead sound and build-up: I've said it often, HTL had a bit of an identity crisis with its GO FAST! styled build-up. For me, Gaia was supposed to be Gaia and not Orjan. Build-up of this track starts of as an Orjan track and that bassline keeps that little note-jump Orjan used to do a lot in late 2010/early 2011. All in all, this Gaia too, failed to entice me. Gone were the days of the Gaias prior to Stellar which did just THAT with little to no effort at all. The breakdown melody is pretty epic, I'll give it that but sadly it just falls short overall.

Even Stellar had me at 4/5 enjoyment at some point, this one never got further than a 3/5... ?(

Still, after the failure that was JEDT, this was at least a step in the right direction.

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --

Post was edited 1 time, last by Razormane ().