Gaming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• I'm not really fond of the standard RPG-shooters. Most modern games have a too complex gameplay for me. :fool: I prefer games with an easy gameplay where strategy is much more important than skill. There are 3 franchises I'm addicted to :gamer:

Pokémon
      I've been a fan since the very first beginning. I got a version from every generation: Red, Silver, Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl, Heart Gold, White, Black2. The spin-off games such as Pokemon Pinball and Mystery Dungeon can't interest me. I spent many summer vacations playing Pokémon. My record is 400 hours in 1,5 month on Pokémon Pearl. Can't wait for the new versions, coming out in October. :happy:

Rayman
      I first encountered this game on a demo cd-rom my brother got for Sinterklaas. It was only one level but the graphics and the game play (2D-platform FTW) really appealed to me. I ended up buying Rayman 1 and it didn't let me down. Easy gameplay and sometimes you need to puzzle your way through the level. I got Rayman 2 and 3 as well, but didn't play those as much as the original. Last summer I completed Rayman Origins, which went back to the oldskool 2D-platform concept. This summer Rayman Legends will be released as followup.

Rollercoaster Tycoon
      I used to play this a lot at a friend of mine. I love to make big complex rollercoaster. RCT2 is by far my favorite version. Lots of different coasters and some very cool themes. RCT3 was a bit of a letdown IMO. They focussed too much on the graphics, instead of gameplay. It took ages to open my saved files.

Furthermore, I played some Nintendo games on the gameboy, like Super Mario Land and Kirby :D
      Tune of May: Stoneface & Terminal - Hypogean :music:
      My latest mix: MixCloud | Hearthis.at :deejay:
    • blachshma wrote:

Still on WoW, which leaves very little time to play anything else. I finished Dead Space 3 which was ok, playing Top Spin 4 from time to time and still need to finish Mass Effect 3 to see that horrible ending everyone's talking about :)
      Do you have the free "Extended Cut" DLC for Mass Effect 3? If not, get it before you come to the last part of the game! :P
    • Rok wrote:

blachshma wrote:

Still on WoW, which leaves very little time to play anything else. I finished Dead Space 3 which was ok, playing Top Spin 4 from time to time and still need to finish Mass Effect 3 to see that horrible ending everyone's talking about :)
      Do you have the free "Extended Cut" DLC for Mass Effect 3? If not, get it before you come to the last part of the game! :P

Ok, sure will :)

thanks!
      My Mixcloud Page: mixcloud.com/blachshma/ :music:
      Distant Minds Sessions with my buddy RalfB: mixcloud.com/Distant_Minds/ :drinks:
    • Sunny wrote:

Top Spin ya, I know this one.

It always annoyed me at Virtual Tennis that you could only play sets of 3 games...
      Its hard to make a realistic tennis simulator. I mean, how do you implement unforced errors in a tennis game? By random luck? Its not realistic. But I'd say TS does a much better than Virtua Tennis, because at least TS punishes you for bad timing, where VT no matter what you do, you can't miss.
      Distant Minds Sessions with my buddy RalfB: mixcloud.com/Distant_Minds/ :drinks:
    • Games 1995-2015
      Bomberman Tournament (GBA)
      Breath Of Fire II (GBA)
      Call Of Duty: Black Ops (NDS)
      Chrono Trigger (DS)
      Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
      Donkey Kong Land 1 (GB)
      Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
      Donkey Kong Land 3 (GB)
      Dragon Age: Origins (PC) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Dragonball Z: Legacy Of Goku 1 (GBA)
      Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA)
      Dragonball Z Bodukai 2 (PS2)
      Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA)
      Final Fantasy VII (PS1) *Note: I never played this myself, but I used to watch while my brother played
      Final Fantasy VIII (PS1) *Note: I never played this myself but I used to watch while my brother played
      Final Fantasy X (PS2)
      Final Fantasy XII (PS2) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Goldeneye (N64)
      Goldeneye 007 (NDS) > This rework could have been so much more...
      Golden Sun 1 (GBA)
      Golden Sun 2 (GBA)
      Golden Sun Dark Dawn (NDS)
      HALO 1: Combat Evolved (XB)
      HALO 2 (XB360)
      HALO 3 (XB360)
      James Bond 007 (GB)
      James Bond 007: Blood Stone (NDS)
      Kirby's Dreamland 1 (GB)
      Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB)
      Kirby - Nightmare In Dreamland (GBA)
      Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga 1 (GBA) > Seriously, THE most HILARIOUS Mario game EVER xD
      Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga 3: Bowser's Inside Story (NDS) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Mario Kart 64 (N64)
      Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)
      Mario Kart DS (NDS)
      Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
      Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
      Metal Gear Solid 1: Twin Snakes (NGC)
      Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PS2)
      Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
      Mass Effect 1 (XB360)
      Mass Effect 2 (XB360)
      Mass Effect 3 (XB360)
      Metroid Fusion (GBA)
      Metroid Prime 1 (NGC)
      Metroid Prime 2 (NGC)
      Metroid Prime 3 (NGC) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Metroid Prime Hunters (NDS)
      Metroid Prime Pinball (NDS)
      Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
      Naruto Ninja Council 1 (NDS)
      Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 3 (European Version) (NDS)
      Pokémon Red (GB) > I'll never forget that unique red cartridge of this one :D
      Pokémon Yellow (GB)
      Pokémon Black (NDS)
      Pokémon White (NDS)
      Pokémon White 2 (NDS)
      Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time (PC)
      Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PC)
      Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Wii)
      Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (3DS)
      Shovel Knight (3DS) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Star Fox 64 / Lylat Wars (N64)
      Star Fox Adventures (NGC) > Though widely bashed and hated, I LOVED this one!
      Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic 1 (XB)
      Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic 2 (XB)
      Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (NGC)
      Super Mario 64 (N64)
      Super Mario All-Stars (inc. Mario Bros LL, 1, 2 & 3) (SNES)
      Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC)
      Super Mario Land (GB)
      Super Mario Land 2 (GB)
      Super Mario Sunshine (NGC)
      Super Mario World (SNES)
      Tetris (GB) > The Born Slippy of gaming? :pardon:
      Tetris Attack (GB)
      The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past / Four Swords (GBA)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Ages (GBC)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons (GBC)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64) > My All-time favorite Game, period. :sun:
      The Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (NDS) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
      The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker (NGC)
      Timesplitter 2 (NGC)
      Timesplitter 3/Future Perfect (XB) [Unfinished: DON'T SPOIL]
      Wario Land 1 (GB)
      Wario Land 2 (GB)
      Wario Land 4 (GBA)
      Warcraft 3 (PC)
      Warcraft 3 Expansion (PC)

Yep, used to be a dedicated gamer and Nintendo fanboy at heart. :sun: But inbetween came Dance Music and it displaced gaming as the hobby I spend most time on...

Except for the last couple of weeks! Mass Effect 2 sucks me in more and more with every passing mission. I haven't been this addicted to a game since summer '07 when I'd spent 7 or 8 hours straight playing FF XII :gamer:

LOVING. IT. :sun: :bawb:

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --

Post was edited 4 times, last by Razormane ().

• blachshma wrote:

Sunny wrote:

Top Spin ya, I know this one.

It always annoyed me at Virtual Tennis that you could only play sets of 3 games...
      Its hard to make a realistic tennis simulator. I mean, how do you implement unforced errors in a tennis game? By random luck? Its not realistic. But I'd say TS does a much better than Virtua Tennis, because at least TS punishes you for bad timing, where VT no matter what you do, you can't miss.

Ya VT is an Arcade game, its for "non professional players" HAHA!

Top Spin sadly doesn't come for PC, I think Top Spin 2 was and Top Spin (with Anna :love: ), but the follow ups were always for console :diablo: . So PC players are pretty much forced to VT :(
    • So I finished Mass Effect 3 (finally, after months of delay lol), and here's my mini-review (might contain spoilers):

After finishing the previous two games, I expected nothing less than an epic experience, and it deffo delivered on almost all fronts. The story, the graphics, the sound, the world(s), everything felt so massive, so rich.

As for the downsides, I still have issues with the battle system. I don't mind shooters (I enjoy them mostly), but this one felt too unbalanced at times. The sidekicks AI left a lot to be desired, and more often than not I was spending my time looking out for them instead of killing stuff. I also didn't like that the only boss mechanic in the game is...kiting, kite the boss here, kite it there. There was very little thinking when killing Banshees for example, just run as far as you can, shoot them until they reach you, kite them to the other side, repeat. Since they die so slowly it felt many times like a chore rather than an epic fight with actual tactics, and the last fighting sequence in London was WAY too long and I didn't enjoy it very much.

Also the item system is still not right. Most items I got, I didn't even realize what to do with them and it felt pretty meaningless, as I beat the game pretty easily nonetheless. The leveling system were also pretty lacklauster as far as I'm concrened.

Still, its a big, massive game that features a long and involving adventure and I think it concludes a great trilogy well, I would say its the best of the 3 games.

Overall Score: 7.5/10
    • Currently not playing anything specific (finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution a week or so ago), but I'm definitely looking forward to some releases in the not so distant future. One of the games I'm looking forward to the most is definitely Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2. I'm a big fan of the whole Castlevania series and I also loved the first part of this new reboot.

Trailer:

[/size]

• Rok wrote:

Currently not playing anything specific (finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution a week or so ago), but I'm definitely looking forward to some releases in the not so distant future. One of the games I'm looking forward to the most is definitely Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2. I'm a big fan of the whole Castlevania series and I also loved the first part of this new reboot.

Trailer:

[/size]

Looking nice, never played it to be honest. I am currently waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and Hearthstone, latter is free to play and a card game :P I will horribly suck in it, but oh well I am used to being bad at video games :hourglass:
    • Currently playing The Last Of Us on PS3. Great game. :sun:

Sunny wrote:

Looking nice, never played it to be honest. I am currently waiting for Elder Scrolls Online and Hearthstone, latter is free to play and a card game :P I will horribly suck in it, but oh well I am used to being bad at video games :hourglass:
      Yea I'm looking forward to the Elder Scrolls Online too. Has great potential, imo.