Gaming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• ^ Not bad dude!

OT: Been playing Shovel Knight recently. Those of you that have warm memories of (late '80s/'90s) 8-bit plaformers and adventure games like Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening should deffo get this gem :D The graphics, gameplay, story, humor and soundtrack all mold into an addicting whole that winks at an amazing era in gaming. Absolutely loving it! :sun:

-- The Anthem 2003 | Opus 17 | L.E.D. There Be Light | 7 Instead Of 8 --
    • ^ Not bad dude!

OT: Been playing Shovel Knight recently. Those of you that have warm memories of (late '80s/'90s) 8-bit plaformers and adventure games like Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening should deffo get this gem :D The graphics, gameplay, story, humor and soundtrack all mold into an addicting whole that winks at an amazing era in gaming. Absolutely loving it! :sun:

Searched about it, and the scenario seems cool! (the trees in background) Cool scenario.
      Addition: I played 8 bit games when i was about 8-10 years in a nes clone :gamer: , during 2007-2009(approximately) , and presently remember this in my smartphne with an emulator. Between my fav games (ice climber, contra, mario, road fighter)
      TUNE OF THE YEAR: Safe Inside You - Armin (Rising Star) ft. Betsie Larkin
      I'm collecting tunes played in Asot, here are the lists: (Finally updated!)
      2015: (Part I) (Part II)|(Still missing some episodes) :pardon:
      2016: Soon
    • When i was somewhere around 8 or 9 years old i started a lot of racing games like Gran Turismo, later more GTA (Still playing it), then more horrorish games until i was completely done after playing Walking Dead in 2012 which got me really emo. Few years later Five Nights At Freddys made me come back once again with playing horrorish games, and now i have made a collection dedicated to it in ASOT forum, a DeviantArtaccount and some drawings of mine there and most important: LOTS of new friends! :dance:
      The tracklister, the listener, the critic, the collector and maker of messed up art.

• Few years later Five Nights At Freddys...a DeviantArtaccount

I heard a DevianArt account ? Oh my, thank you Five Nights At Freddys for mading GAAddict creating this account or i wouldn't be here :D
      I started to play more games in computer in 2009 when i passed to spend more time in this, games like NHL 99, FIFA 99, Unreal Tournament, and, games a little bit newer in 2011 when i got a new computer, games like GTA III(Very good story), PES6(Winning eleven 9), and others.
    • OlacirX wrote:

Few years later Five Nights At Freddys...a DeviantArtaccount

I heard a DevianArt account ? Oh my, thank you Five Nights At Freddys for mading GAAddict creating this account or i wouldn't be here :D
      Yeah thanks Scott Cawthon for making this game. :D

For you and Razor, theres currently in DeviantArt a hype about a 8-bit game called 'Undertale'. As you two love oldskoollish games and i've heard it has a very good storyline too, i really recomend it to play. :good:

The tracklister, the listener, the critic, the collector and maker of messed up art.

• OlacirX wrote:

^ Not bad dude!

Searched about it, and the scenario seems cool! (the trees in background) Cool scenario.
      Addition: I played 8 bit games when i was about 8-10 years in a nes clone :gamer: , during 2007-2009(approximately) , and presently remember this in my smartphne with an emulator. Between my fav games (ice climber, contra, mario, road fighter)

As a kid and teen I enjoyed my share of classic Mario / Donkey platforming and of course the Legend Of Zelda games (Link's Awakening, Oracle Of Ages, Oracle Of Season), each with their own great stories and game mechanics. Shovel Knight seems to combine the best elements from this era into one action-packed game! It's REALLY addicting :bravo:

Gaiaaddict wrote:

OlacirX wrote:

Few years later Five Nights At Freddys...a DeviantArtaccount

Yeah thanks Scott Cawthon for making this game. :D

For you and Razor, theres currently in DeviantArt a hype about a 8-bit game called 'Undertale'. As you two love oldskoollish games and i've heard it has a very good storyline too, i really recomend it to play. :good:

Oh yeah, this looks very oldskool indeed :D Interesting development with these indie developers and platforms like Steam that allow them to reach an audience...

Also, do you notice the parallel with Trance music? People going back to the "roots"? ;) A development I don't mind at all (though nostalgia is not as adventurous as innovation... Still :sun: )

Post was edited 1 time, last by Razormane ().

• Razormane wrote:

Check this out :ohmy:

#Nostalgia Inc. :sun:

Wow , good. Good painting(bright aspect) , good art .
      The "M" Mario on the joystick was a good idea too.
      Thanks for sharing this man.
    • Finished the first Witcher 3 DLC today - Hearts Of Stone.

ign.com/articles/2015/10/09/th…-3-hearts-of-stone-review

The Witcher 3 was already one of the best games I've EVER played (and the whole franchise one of the best ever) and this DLC just confirmed that once again. Fantastic tragic story with great characters and a good mystery that draws you in and keeps you there till the end. Combat remains the same, the map is just slightly expanded and side quests are added. It just felt so good to be in that gorgeous world again. :love:

There is one more huge expansion coming early next year and needless to say I can't wait.
    • For you GAddict : thelastdoor.com
      Think that this can interest you, is point-and-click like Five Nights At Freddys, and suspense, i installed in my PC but didn't work correctly. Will try in my smartphone. It's free for a limited time in Windows Store.
    • hmmmm, interresting, thanks for the notice, OlacirX. :thumbup:

Though Five Night's At Freddies is still the game that stole my heart a year ago basically when i saw some of the artwork. At that time you got so much questions about the story of that game it was fun to read all the theories of what happened in '1987'

Theres now even a book, a RPG game and a movie incomin! :D

Furthermore im not really into gaming currently, besides if its a silly one like this:

:whistling:

• Well, here my first original post of 2016. Two months ago (approximatelly date of the last post in this thread), i was playing a game that i discovered in 2010, the name: Klass of 99. Klass of 99 is a remake of another game released in 80's for the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64, Skoll Daze. The scenario: a school. The 'mission': survive a 1 week in this. The Goal: delete your records of the staff room. In the game, you are Eric, a problematic student.
      The game starts at Monday, and then, you need to start your plan to make the goal (delete your records), but it won't be easy. To complete the task, you need to practice some prohibited actions (the problem), because if any teacher see you making this, you are punished (lines, generally 200, 300, 400), you can also be punished by other students that practice some actions that can result in a penalty, as making you fall, or missing the classes, the limit of lines is 10.000. If you reach this, you are ''banned'' of the school, and the game is over for you.
      Of course, this is not all, the game has some secrets that you need to know if you want to end this. This oficial guide can help if you are gonna play this.

Cheers,

Post was edited 1 time, last by OlacirX ().

• OlacirX wrote:

Well, here my first original post of 2016. Two months ago (approximatelly date of the last post in this thread), i was playing a game that i discovered in 2010, the name: Klass of 99. Klass of 99 is a remake of another game released in 80's for the ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64, Skoll Daze. The scenario: a school. The 'mission': survive a 1 week in this. The Goal: delete your records of the staff room. In the game, you are Eric, a problematic student.
      The game starts at Monday, and then, you need to start your plan to make the goal (delete your records), but it won't be easy. To complete the task, you need to practice some prohibited actions (the problem), because if any teacher see you making this, you are punished (lines, generally 200, 300, 400), you can also be punished by other students that practice some actions that can result in a penalty, as making you fall, or missing the classes, the limit of lines is 10.000. If you reach this, you are ''banned'' of the school, and the game is over for you.
      Of course, this is not all, the game has some secrets that you need to know if you want to end this. This oficial guide can help if you are gonna play this.

Cheers,

Back in the day they would make videogames about everyday life bs like delivering newspapers in the neighbourhood, crossing the street or school related themes that would be addicting as hell. What happened to that fun simplicity? :hm:

@GaiaA, is this true: buzzfeed.com/awesomer/how-abou…ts-at-freddys#.jmnkyNmzG5 :pardon:

• Gaiaaddict wrote:

Yes, this is FNAF in a nutshell, the first one (the one he played) is the most easiest though out of the 4 games. :P

Hehehe... Even from these few screenshots I can tell that this would not be for me :lol:

I can't stand horror-themed games (or movies for that matter), even games that have a minor "horror-component"... HALO 3 had a Flood (basically HALO's zombies) overload section which was the most depressing bit of videogaming I ever experienced. It wasn't fun, challenging or thrilling at all, it was just plain off-putting and depressing, hoping to make it from checkpoiint to checkpoint. :dash: :dash: There are a 1000 reasons one can play videogames but that Flood bit was the exact opposite of all those reasons combined :bad:

• Razormane wrote:

I can't stand horror-themed games (or movies for that matter), even games that have a minor "horror-component"... HALO 3 had a Flood (basically HALO's zombies) overload section which was the most depressing bit of videogaming I ever experienced. It wasn't fun, challenging or thrilling at all, it was just plain off-putting and depressing, hoping to make it from checkpoiint to checkpoint. :dash: :dash: There are a 1000 reasons one can play videogames but that Flood bit was the exact opposite of all those reasons combined :bad:
      I had the same experience playing Telltale's Walking Dead game back in 2012, there aren't much of challenges (instead using your console you rather should grab some popcorn because its more like an movie) and part 3 onwards the storyline got really depressing, which is every character you met dies on a most tragic way possible and the storyline was based on your decisions you make with your character so you should be feel guilty about it. :kill: